California restaurant ignores coronavirus restrictions and suffers power outage

A Burbank, California restaurant had enough after weeks of twists and turns coronavirus guidelines.

“I just decided, ‘You know what, I’m not going to deal with this anymore,'” the owner of Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill Baret Lepejian said on FOX Business “Varney and Co.” “It does not make sense. They make things up as they go. »

COUNTY JUDGE ALLOWS RESTAURANT POWER TO BE CUT TO TRY TO SURVIVE PANDEMIC

Lepejian said on Saturday his power was cut after a Los Angeles County judge a day earlier cleared the City of Burbank to cut off the restaurant’s power for defying a court order issued earlier in the week.

However, Lepejian said he plans to stay open despite Burbank’s “punishment”.

“I have a staff,” he told the host Stuart Varney. “I mean, none of the bills are going away. The rent does not go away.

CALIFORNIA SET FOR $19 BILLION SURPLUS DESPITE COVID-19 LOCKDOWNS

He added that he had seen “an enormous amount of support”, including some people lending or donating standby generators at the restaurant.

Lepejian said he was a tax-paying citizen who did “everything right” and called the city’s actions “outrageous”.

“Now they are preparing to chain the gates,” he added.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE ROAD BY CLICKING HERE

The city said the court did not grant permission to padlock the restaurant’s doors but “continues to reserve such a remedy as a last resort.”

The city says it will return to court for further orders and enforcement if Tinhorn Flats still refuses to close.

“I fight to keep my Company“, Lepejian said. “I mean, it’s literally a very surreal, almost dreamlike experience going through that.”

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FOX BUSINESS

Fox News’ Bradford Betz contributed to this article.